Monday, January 25, 2010








I loved Anabela's post on the winter emergency list and since I was feeling some serious winter blues myself last week, I decided to cross a few off my list:

#1 Throw on a dress and go out dancing with the girls. I started taking ballet classes when I was a little girl and have loved all kinds of dancing ever since. So this Friday we went out to retro night. You can always count on dancing to a little Michael Jackson and Madonna to put you in a good mood.

#2 DIY-Take the time to make something for myself. I started this necklace at craft night last week and finally finished it on Saturday. I wanted a long braided necklace and since I can't afford this one, I decided I could make one with my hand cast beads. It seems like there are cute braided necklaces everywhere these days like this one I missed out on from Wiksten, this one from Lauren Haupt and I am hoping to snag one of these from For Me, For You.

#3 Indulge my love of denim and stripes and do a little spring shopping. I have given up on shopping for winter, but I feel guilty spending too much on spring. I was determined to make an outfit for less than $20 and had great success! Denim oxford ($2) and brown boots ($3) thrifted, striped dress ($12.95) from H&M and my new handmade necklace.

#4 Sleep in late and let my wonderful husband make my favorite breakfast, banana oatmeal pancakes!

19 comments:

  1. I have also been making some DIY for myself lately, love your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great necklace! Those pancakes look delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spring outfit!

    I love making myself a new necklace as well when I feel like I need a little pick me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your necklace! maybe you should add this style to your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace is so great! Will you be selling them?
    I love that outfit too. I can't you found all those things for so cheap! Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all so wonderful! Ooh, pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friday night dancing equates to nothing getting done with weekend! But it was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing something nice for yourself once in a while is really important. I think it's one of the keys to staying happy.

    P.S. Those pancakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the $20 outfit looks so cool laid out!
    love your blog. it's really neat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Golly! I LOVE those $3 boots! That outfit is perfecto.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks so much for all the comments, especially on the necklace! I am definitely considering adding it to the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CUTE outfit! And I want those pancakes.

    www.glammed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that necklace, very cute! :)

    I also love your teapot! I am very sad, I had to say good-bye to my green teapot just like that one. It got broken during our move...:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent list! That necklace is incredibly lovely. I love the handmade feel of the braid alongside those shiny beads - makes for a very interesting (and pleasing) dichotomy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg i love the braided necklace! is it possible to request a custom order?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm definitely all great ways to beat the blues! i really want pancakes now...

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love that your striped shirt matched your striped tea cup in the next photograph. i can never get enough of stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm liking the necklace!!Your outfit is really nice 2!!

    ReplyDelete